Saint Felix School are looking for a Site Maintenance Assistant.
You will be a valuable member of our Maintenance Team, of 4, under the supervision of the Head of Maintenance in providing general site maintenance across the school site. We would welcome applications from experience individuals or those wanting to start their career. We are able to offer complete training and can accommodate recent school or college leavers.
You do not need to be qualified in any particular trade, as we will support you gaining a qualification that meets the needs of the School. In return you will work flexibly, support the work of the team whilst learning on the job. A flexible approach to the hours of work is required. You will need to work such hours as are necessary to satisfactorily carry out their duties as agreed with the Head of Operations and Head of Estates, which will include school holidays.
You will be part of a great team, the work is a mix of planned and unplanned projects and we sometimes have to change what we are doing at short notice, to respond to weather related issues for example, to make sure that the School is able to continue to teach and support our children.
The general duties of the role will include;
- Carrying out maintenance work, either on your own or as part of a team, including painting, plumbing, carpentry related projects to the internal and external aspects of our buildings
- Carrying out grounds maintenance, such as ensuring grounds are suitable for fixtures for all sports.
- Maintaining heating and ventilation plant, through a programme of general maintenance and delivery of fuels.
- Establishing effective working relationships and set a good example through your personal presentation and personal and professional conduct
At Saint Felix you will become part of our family feel team. All staff at the school are role models for our pupils.
We would like to hear from you if you have;
- A City and Guilds qualification, or willingness to undergo and complete a qualification experience and knowledge in general building skills.
- A flexible approach to work and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You have an attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and you are happy to get stuck in and support your colleagues.
- You have good verbal communication skill with parents, pupils and colleagues.
- You are punctual and well presented.
In return we will be able to offer you a great workplace with exciting opportunities for development. Our staff are friendly and you will be welcomed by all. In addition to a permanent contract you will also benefit from being part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools and Nurseries.
- Competitive Salary, with annual reviews
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
Please apply ASAP.
Saint Felix School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).