Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery
Learning Support Assistant
Contract type: Term Time – 36 weeks
Hours of Work: 29.5 hours per week
Start date: ASAP or September 2022
Buxlow Preparatory School is currently looking to appoint a passionate and experienced Learning Support Assistant
Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery is a co-educational independent school, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who will be able to join our excellent team of staff. We would like to hear from you if you;
- Have experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEND) in a primary school setting
- Have GCSE, ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English.
- Have a qualification as recognised by the National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning (NOS-STL).
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of children.
- Have an interest in how children learn and behave.
- Can be a role model for students both in the classroom and around school
- Genuinely care about children, particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
- Have training in aspects of SEND, i.e. ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism or experience of supporting pupils with those needs
Having in school experience is essential for this position, if you have any of the following this will be looked upon favourably.
- Experience in delivering 1:1 or small group booster session in literacy and numeracy.
- Experience working with children with EAL.
- Experience with gifted and talented children.
At Buxlow all staff work together as a very strong team. You will be supported and welcomed to Buxlow. In addition all Inspired Learning Group staff also benefit from;
- Competitive Salary
- Annual salary review
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows
- Ongoing coaching from the management team
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).