The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is seeking to appoint an energetic, highly motivated, passionate and outstanding Key Stage 2 Class Teacher. Applicants should be team players who bring a genuine love of teaching and learning and a commitment to pupil wellbeing and wider school life.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery has a strong family atmosphere and prepares pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. The site is a small, friendly preparatory school including a thriving nursery, for boys and girls aged 2 years to 11 years old. The Study Preparatory School and Nursery has a unique and charming atmosphere, seldom found in schools today. The well-equipped playground provides ample space for outdoor learning and play.
Applicants need to be qualified teachers with QTS and have experience of working with the KS2 curriculum. The ability to work with pupils in their preparation for the 11+ would be desirable but is not essential. The successful candidate will show a genuine commitment to creating an inspiring and stimulating child-centred learning environment. Candidates should be committed to ongoing school improvement and feel comfortable in a climate of change and innovative development.
About the role
As well as planning and preparing courses and lessons to an agreed syllabus, we will rely on you to teach each pupil according to their educational needs. You will be responsible for the setting and marking of work, including homework and examinations, and assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of each pupil. Promoting each child’s general progress and wellbeing will be important too, as will giving them guidance and advice on educational and social matters. Making records and reports on pupils’ personal and social needs, communicating and consulting with parents and organising appropriate school trips – all are aspects of this exciting and rewarding role.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who is able to demonstrate the following;
• Be a qualified teacher who has completed appropriate QTS teacher training
• Be confident about teaching a broad range of subjects and is keen to develop professionally
• Have experience of teaching at Key Stage 2
• Share the schools values.
• Meet all of the DfE Teachers’ standards
• Be dynamic, self-motivated and flexible
• Have high expectations of pupils’ attainment, progress and behaviour
• Have strong digital skills – for enhancing learning and work efficiency
• Have a personal philosophy of teaching which reflects our approach
• Work effectively as part of a team, building positive relationships with colleagues
• Plan effectively and is sensitive to the learning needs of pupils of different abilities
• Regularly assesses pupils’ work formally and informally, using Assessment for Learning strategies
• Be approachable and confident in dealings with pupils’ parents and external agencies
• Have good administration skills
• Have good class management skills
• Be enthusiastic, innovative and creative with a commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
For an informal chat call our Headteacher, Mr Alistair Bond on 020 8942 0754.
We may close this opportunity early, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is a part of Inspired Learning Group and is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).