We are looking to appoint a passionate and inspiring Part Time Key Stage 2 teacher to join us at Saint Felix School.
Saint Felix School is an independent co-educational day and boarding school for children aged from 2 – 19, located close to the glorious seaside town of Southwold on the Suffolk coast. Our aim is to develop well-rounded students with the skills and the personality to make a success of their lives during and after their school years.
You will join our successful pre-prep department where pupils are taught in idyllic settings that provide a safe, stable environment where they can take their first steps towards a happy, independent life. The team of teachers work well together allowing pupils to thrive.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified Key Stage 2 Teacher for this permanent teaching position starting in September 2022. We welcome applications from experienced teachers as well as those early in their teaching career.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent and inspiring Key Stage 2 teacher, you will;
- Be a qualified teacher who has completed appropriate QTS teacher training or willing to complete teacher training.
- Be confident about teaching a broad range of subjects and is keen to develop professionally
- Have experience of teaching at Key Stage 2
- Share our values and respects our ethos ‘Learning Through Life’
- Meet all of the DfE Teachers’ standards
- Be dynamic, self-motivated and flexible
- Have high expectations of pupils’ attainment, progress and behaviour
- Have strong digital skills – for enhancing learning and work efficiency
- Have a personal philosophy of teaching which reflects our approach
- Work effectively as part of a team, building positive relationships with colleagues
- Plan effectively and is sensitive to the learning needs of pupils of different abilities
- Regularly assesses pupils’ work formally and informally, using Assessment for Learning strategies
- Be approachable and confident in dealings with pupils’ parents and external agencies
- Have good administration skills
- Have good class management skills
- Be enthusiastic, innovative and creative with a commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
As a teacher at Saint Felix school you will be joining a fantastic school that comprises of passionate staff and hardworking pupils. You will be welcomed by all and become part of the family feel school.
As part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools staff at Saint Felix also benefit from;
- Competitive Salary, with annual reviews
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750
- Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
We look forward to your application, all applicants will be considered and contacted. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date advertised. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
Saint Felix School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).