Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery
Salary: £22,000 to £23,500, Pro Rata for 2 days
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: Part Time, Monday and Friday
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 80, Westbury Road, New Malden Surrey KT3 5AS
We are currently looking to appoint a passionate early years practitioner to work in our nursery. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our outstanding nursery team.
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery based in New Malden, Surrey, is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting.
We offer an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- Level 2 or 3 in Early years
- The ability to maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times
- To maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external professionals.
- To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
- Encouraging learning and development, through play and teaching.
- Creating a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn.
- Working with parents to support their children.
- Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills.
- Monitoring progress and planning educational games.
- Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day.
We would like to hear from you if you feel you have the skills and attributes to work in our busy and outstanding nursery. You will be working in a great team led by Becky our excellent nursery manager.
At Westbury House School as part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools you will also benefit from the following;
- Competitive Salary with an annual review
- A fun, supportive and creative team to work with.
- On the job training and qualifications if desired
- Day to day support from a strong management team
- Career progression.
- Childcare fee discount
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with annual leave increasing with service
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date advertised. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).