Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Early Years Practitioner
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: Full Time 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
We are currently recruiting for an Early Years Practitioner to join our thriving nursery. The successful Early Years Practitioner will share our passion that the early years curriculum is designed to develop the children’s imagination, creativity and reasoning skills in order to stimulate and expand the functions of the brain. Our pupils look forward to every day.
Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery is a highly successful, flourishing co-educational independent day school for children from 2 to 11 years, based in Kingston, South West London. Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery enjoys a national reputation for its innovative use of technology, performing arts provision and its emphasis on sports and physical activity. It is proud to be recognised as an Apple Distinguished School and offers a balanced and rich curriculum.
The successful Early Years Practitioner will be passionate about our children’s learning, we are looking for well qualified Early Years Practitioners who are able to join our small family feel team of staff. We would ideally like you to have NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification.
The role will require you to maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips as we are a very active school. The ability to maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal and external professionals is essential.
All of our staff create a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn. Our links with our parents is essential to support their children so having a friendly and professional style is what we look for.
If you are able to demonstrate the following we would welcome your application;
- Level 3 qualified in Early Years.
- Able to inspire our pupils with enthusiasm and a love of learning
- Have a sound knowledge of the requirements of the Early Years curriculum
- Able to plan and prepare engaging and stimulating activities for pupils or every ability.
- Able to positively impact pupils in every aspect of their education including pastoral care.
- Able to encourage learning and development, through play and teaching.
- Can create a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn
- Can work with parents and carers to support their children
- Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills
- Monitor progress to enable planning
- Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day
We are looking to employ on a permanent basis, you will play a key role in the growth at Park Hill.
As part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools you will also benefit from
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual salary review.
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows
- Ongoing coaching from the management team
- Childcare fee discount
- Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
- Pension scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750.
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Park Hill Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).