We are recruiting for a passionate and inspirational part-time Class Teacher to join our wonderful school and nursery in Wallington. This role is likely to be a shared role to work alongside our current excellent and experienced class teacher in Upper KS2, taking pastoral form responsibilities and curriculum teaching.
Collingwood School is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years – 11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepares pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+.
To apply, you will need to have QTS and be able to demonstrate your passionate for children’s learning for Upper Key Stage 2
What you will be doing
- Inspire children with enthusiasm and a love of learning by delivering high quality learning that engages our children
- Prepare and plan for teaching, taking account of the requirements children of all abilities
- Prepare and develop, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
- Be able to provide feedback and guidance to pupils and their parents in an engaging way that encourages continuous learning at home
What you will need
- Evidence of continuing professional teacher development and to continue to learn
- To have a sound knowledge of the requirements of the national curriculum and preparation for the 11+ entrance tests.
- Most importantly, that you are able to inspire children to reach their full potential
- Experience of teaching in Upper Key Stage 2
- A strength in teaching English to Years 5 and 6
What do you get in return for your hard work?
In addition to playing an important role in a growing business that’s financially strong and has an ambitious growth agenda, you will receive a competitive salary and annual salary review. There will also be ample professional development and training opportunities, including ongoing coaching from the management team, with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows. Other benefits include:
- A commitment to professional and career development
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750
- Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
Our closing date is 18th October, but please send an application as soon as possible as we may close this career opportunity early.
For an informal discussion please call Leigh Hardie, Headmaster, on 0208 647 4607
To apply please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Collingwood School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).