We are looking to appoint a Chef to work in our friendly nursery located in Kingsbury.
Our friendly nursery nurtures the children and provides a friendly, homely and caring environment in which our children will be able to grow in confidence, independence and social awareness. We also aim to recognise the individual needs of every child making us an inclusive practice which provides a secure and stimulating environment.
Located in North West London St Nicholas Nursery has a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. With a wealth of experience our staff and supportive and inclusive, as our Chef you will be joining our team led by our passionate Nursery Manager. You will play a key role in continuing to provide an excellent level of service to all of our children.
Our nursery has the benefit of being very centrally located with excellent transport links to the local area via public transport and easily accessible by road with ample staff parking.
As our Chef you will be responsible for the preparation of meals for our children and staff. Facilities are excellent and our Kitchen is the heart of the nursery.
We are looking for a well-qualified Chef who will has and can complete the following;
- Estimate food consumption and requisitions or purchases foodstuffs
- Receive & examines foodstuffs and supplies to make sure quality and quantity meet established standards specifications
- Select and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared and applying personal knowledge experience in food preparation
- Following all guidelines for food hygiene and health and safety
- Take full responsibility for the cleaning of the kitchen.
- Working within budget guidelines
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation.
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Service; Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Certificate of completion of any training program in cooking, or vocational school
- Hold a basic food hygiene certificate
Applicants with the following characteristics are sought:
- Cooking experience within any food establishment
- Good understanding of commercial catering operation
- A good understanding of food hygiene and HACCP
- Enthusiasm, vision, drive, adaptability, and resilience
- High personal standards, self-motivated and proactive
- Suitability to work with children
- Flexible and maintain a sound sense of humour
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
St Nicholas Nursery is part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools. Employees will not only be welcomed to the nursery but they will also benefit from
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual salary review.
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows.
- Ongoing coaching from the management team.
- Childcare fee discount.
- Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service.
- Pension scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750.
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
We look forward to receiving your application, for an informal discussion please do call Tom on 07706 323847.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date advertised. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
St Nicholas Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).