Collingwood School is currently looking to appoint an After School supervisor to start in September 2022. This role would involve assisting in day to day organisation of the After School provision at the school. We are looking for an individual who can provide high standards of care and play opportunities for children between the ages of 7 – 11 years old in a safe and secure environment
This is a part time role for 3 days per week. The position is 3.5 hours per day, term time only. We welcome applications from experienced school staff looking for reduced hours, Teaching Assistants looking for an alternative role as well as those looking to begin a career in an independent school. The role would also suit a university student looking to work limited hours a week and gain experience.
Collingwood School is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years – 11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. We offer an individually focused education to all of our pupils in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. We are a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offer small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child.
The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepares pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+.
We are looking for an after school supervisor who can;
- Maintain a safe and stimulating play environment and can assist with developing opportunities which encourage children’s social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development through play.
- Ensure the provision offers a safe and stimulating play environment.
- Assist with the planning, preparing and delivery of activities, which meet children’s individual developmental needs.
- Work face to face with the children registered with the club.
- Supervise teatime refreshments for the children.
- Follow guidelines and procedures for Safeguarding in accordance with schools policies & procedures.
- Carry out any other duties, which will be seen to enhance the work of the After School Club
This is an excellent opportunity to join Collingwood School and play a key role in the provision of care for our pupils.
In return we will be able to offer you a great workplace with exciting opportunities for development. Our staff are friendly and you will be welcomed by all. In addition to a permanent contract you will also benefit from being part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools and Nurseries. Benefits include;
- Competitive Salary, with annual reviews
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
Please apply for this position ASAP as we wish to appoint ASAP in time for the new term in September. For more information please contact Tom@inspiredlearninggroup.co.uk or call 07706 323847.
Collingwood School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).