We are currently looking for a caring and enthusiastic 6th form Boarding House Parent to join our outstanding school.
At Saint Felix School we firmly believe that all pupils should enjoy equal access to the curriculum and should be given the appropriate support to reach their full potential. You will be joining a team of staff who put pupil needs first and ensure that the best education is provided to all pupils.
Saint Felix School is an independent co-educational day and boarding school for children aged from 2 – 18, located close to the glorious seaside town of Southwold on the Suffolk coast. Our aim is to develop well-rounded students with the skills and the personality to make a success of their lives during and after their school years.
We are now looking to appoint a 6th form Boarding House Parent to support one of our three boarding houses. Boarding is at the heart of the school and all full-time members of staff are expected to contribute to the wider life of the school through involvement in the tutoring system and in activities outside the classroom.
You don’t need to have experience of boarding schools, but you will need the experience of working or caring for children, be empathetic to their needs and provide a safe and welcoming environment that supports their ability to learn
Key Responsibilities include:
• To be responsible, in conjunction with other House Parents, for the care, supervision, cleanliness and presentation of pupils in your care.
• Playing an active role in activity programmes. Supervise pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
• Assisting with extra-curricular activities.
• Supporting students during study time.
• To provide a stable presence in the House; to liaise closely with your house team and other staff concerning the progress and welfare of students.
• Build positive, professional relationships with pupils, parents, and guardians.
• Being committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
• Experience and a motivation to work and care for children.
• Educated to a GCSE level including English and Mathematics.
• Carry out instructions safely and carefully.
• Communicate in a professional manner with other staff and students.
• Ability to work with initiative and without direct supervision when required.
• To have a clear understanding of the statement of national minimum standards for boarding schools (NMS) and an awareness of safeguarding, or child protection. We can provide training if required.
• Hold a valid driving license.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to play a key role in the development of pupils at Saint Felix School. As a member of 6th form staff you will be able to support and guide pupils in their final years at Saint Felix and prepare them for University and the wider world.
The role of 6th form house parent comes with a responsibility to be a role model for our students. In return for this you will be provided with excellent training, a competitive salary and accommodation at Saint Felix. Staff are able to make use of the extensive leisure and sporting facilities on the site (which includes gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, squash courts etc.) for themselves and their immediate family.
As part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools staff at Saint Felix also benefit from;
• Competitive Salary, with annual reviews
• Childcare fee discount
• Pension scheme
• Refer a friend scheme up to £750
• Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
Above all, you will benefit from being part of a fun, supportive and creative team.
We welcome applications from experienced boarding staff alongside those looking to take their first steps into the independent education sector.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date advertised. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
Please apply ASAP.
St Felix is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).